Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Wolfowitz as head of World Bank

What do yall think about this. The principal architect of the Iraq war, (and he had been plotting it since the early 90's) becoming head of the World Bank.

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2005/2/28/222108.shtml

Well the matter has come to pass, Bush has indeed nominated Paul Wolfowitz as head of the World Bank. I have yet to come up with a concrete response to the issue, but two things come to mind.

One, I hope that Mr. Wolfowitz will not focus all his efforts on the Middle East. I know that he believes that the democratization and economic development of the region will be the Panacea for the world's problems, but I hope he will not neglect other areas, specifically Africa.

However, I do hope that he will try to implement in the WB, the Bush administrations system of giving aid to those who commit themselves to reform (like the Millenium CHallange Account).

5 Comments:

Blogger Afromusing said...

oh gosh no, have you heard of Carly Fiorina's name being thrown into the ring? Afadhali her than a neocon.

2:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am all for Ms Fiorina especially after what those bummers at HP did to her.

4:49 PM  
Blogger Afromusing said...

There is this slate article that argues the fact that she is a 'productive narcissist' maybe that might be a good trait for the IMF. Is that trait cancelled out by the fact that she is a republican who is speaking with an administration that does not like internationalism anyway?(The bush admin is the one that would appoint her if they choose to) My eyes are peeled.

7:54 AM  
Blogger Githush said...

@AFROMUSING,
MUTHEE/MAMA,
I am a big supporter of the republican party. Actually I worked fo John Mccain and Jon Kyl (AZ senators), this past summer. Any who, I would probably be more supportive of Fiorina, than Wolf, for the simple fact that Fiorina has some major experience in the corporate world (Where Wolf is an academic)and I therefore thinketh the job translates more. I believe Wolfenson, was in the corporate world, before he got in to the WB.

However, I is worried that whoever the US picks, will be beholden to the Bush doctrine - no not preemptive strickes etc. - but his focus on the Mid East and other non African areas. Hopefully (as if that word exists in INT Politics) whoever is elevted will be - pardon the pun - "Fair and Balance" towards the rest of the world.

7:19 AM  
Blogger Afromusing said...

Interesting, i kinda admire Mccain myself, he has been the victim of 'Rovian strategy' It would be interesting to know more about your experiences... Anyhoo, check this out on slate about Bono being considered.
http://www.slate.com/id/2114456/

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home